Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 751, The Packard is ready to be picked up.

Hitch and stinger in place - ready to tow.
The Packard is ready to be picked up and my parents picked me up at my house at 5pm to take me to Prineville.  Rick hooked up the wiring for trailer lights and mounted a hitch to the car.  He was also able to fix a few other things like a sizable vacuum leak, a sticky throttle linkage and more.  He said I should be able to notice a significant difference and on the way home I really could.

I was so excited to see if I could hook up the car to the trailer and to see how it does pulling it.  I needed a new stinger for the car and had to go to three places before I could find anyone open at 7pm on a Friday night.  Fred Meyer's was open and had what I was looking for.  I rushed back home backed the car up and hooked everything up.  I had to do a minor wiring change with Rick on the phone and all was ready.

With the car hooked to the trailer and all the lights working.  I pulled the Traveleze around the block (about a 2 mile loop). The Packard pulled it with easy and I was surprised how well it did.  I did however discover that the extra strain on the car made it flex a little bit more than usual and the drivers side door flew open when I went around a corner.  Obviously there is a bit of body flex that was enough to let the door swing open.

I needed to wash the car and get it ready for tomorrows car show in Terrebonne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment