Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 751, The Terrebonne Cruz-In.

Once again, I was up early and ready to head to Terrebonne at 7 am.  I had left the Packard hooked up to the Traveleze in the back driveway and I had put a cover over it to protect in during the night.  I uncovered the car, secured the trailer and pulled it down the driveway where I could get a good picture of it in the morning light.  It looked awesome and I was ready for the 10 mile trip to Terrebonne.

The Packard and Traveleze together at last.
I got there about 7:30 am and got parked in an "okay" spot, nothing special and no shade, but it was easy in and out.  The show registration started at 8 am and people really started arriving by 9 am.  It was a really big car show with over 270 cars in attendance and lots of spectators.  Everyone enjoyed the car and Traveleze and I had the door open so people could look in side and check it out.  There were lots of questions about the restoration and I had Flyte Camp's cards and a few flyers on their work.  I must have handed out 15 cards and all of the flyers.

2nd Place, or first looser as my friends say.
Around 10 am, Christian and his daughter Stella showed up to check out the show and we walked around and looked at all the cars.  We had a great time looking at all the cars and voting for the many categories.  At 3 pm they had the Awards ceremony and I didn't have a note on my car, so I assumed I didn't win anything.  They had all most all of the cars gathered in the winners circle, when I was asked why I wasn't bringing my car up.  I said I didn't win anything and was told I had, so I went back to the car and sure enough there was note.  I back the car and Traveleze up and joined the others.  I won 2nd place in the Orphan Class, (the parent company is no longer alive).

After a long day in the sun, Christian and Stella came back to my house and we barbequed some burgers.  Stella fed the horses and let the chicken out and it was a nice summer evening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just thought I'd say hi before I dive into your blog. I could have one titled :'the random life of a middle-aged woman, her chickens, and restoring a 1961 Traveleze' ( but instead, it's titled :iFutz' ) looking forward to your restoration insights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog is pretty random, I haven't written anything for a month, but i've been enjoying the Traveleze, it's lots of fun.

      Delete