Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 367, Thursday

Yesterday I actually got feedback saying "Keep Blogging", so I will keep blogging.  Today was a routine Thursday and I was busy working on the Leadership Redmond program for next year.  Securing the Day Sponsorships, Scholarships and getting people to take the class are the first steps in being able to offer the program that will start next month.

At noon I received a call form Marshall's saying the Rolls was done.  The minor issues I had with dash lights and the passenger front side window were all quickly remedied and the car was ready to picked up.  At 3pm my staff was going to run to the store next door to Marshall's, so I grabbed a ride with them.  Today is workout day, so I asked if my mother would meet me at my house so I could drop the car off and then after the workout she could drop me off at the office I could pick up the car I drove to work.

The workout was at 4:15pm in Bend, and the thunderstorms were starting to build in Bend and I worried about my car back at the office with the top down.  My trainer has a 1984 Alfa Romero and she had the top down and I thinks she was getting worried about her car out in the parking lot.  We finished up our workout and we headed home hoping to make it before the rain.  As it turned out Redmond was fine, but Bend later got hammered by heavy rain and hail.
Seriously, how many big cars does one man need?!

Since it's Thursday, I dragged my garbage can down the driveway, started my laundry, in order to get a jump start on my weekend chores.  I then made a phone call about a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham that I saw on Craigslist.  The guy was great, and the car sounded awesome, but what do I need with another full-size big sedan - I DON'T!  I really can't help it, I have the car bug so bad, I think I need medications.  After that, I ate small dinner and was feeling kind of restless, so I thought I might as well mow the lawn too.  It was  now 8pm and I would just enough time to mow before dark.

I was finished by 9pm and covered in lawn mowing dust and grime and was in real need of a shower.  Ten minutes later I was clean and I spent the rest of the evening sitting on the deck with the two cats and thinking life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment