Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 372, A Celebration of Life

Today was yet another stressful day at work, but putting things in perspective helps keep the stress level manageable.  Nothing brings life more into perspective then the loss of a loved one and today at 4:30pm in Bend there is a Celebration of the Life of Jean Wood, someone I truly love and admire.  After a battle with cancer this extraordinary woman, transitioned onto her next journey and passed away at the age of 66.  The event, while sad, was full of her friends and her up beat spirit for life.    We all shared stories of how she impacted each one of us and we all felt truly blessed having had the opportunity to know her.  The celebration was about 2 hours and I headed home a little after 6:30pm.

I spent the evening mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, and thinking about the last time Jean was at my home.  I couldn't remember exactly when that was, but I'm sure it was at one of my Christmas parties a few years ago.  I know if she was here, she would love the garden and the chickens.  I would often bring her carrots and other vegetables from the garden which she loved.  A fun way to describe Jean would be a worldly, eclectic, vegetarian who once a year would eat a cheeseburger with delight.  She was an awesome woman.

I went to bed around 11pm thinking about Jean.  My lawn looked great, my house pretty dang spotless, but I couldn't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment