Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 157, One dead chicken

I was happy to see the sick hen had made through the night once again, and I got up a little early so I would have time to give some food and water piece by piece and drop by drop.

I left for work early for a 7:30am meeting and had several meeting throughout the day.  It was one of those days that rocketed by and before I knew it was time to head home.  I was a little anxious to get home and see how the chicken did during the day.  When I got home I found the hen had died.  What a bummer!  I putter in a plastic bag and took her outside to the trash, oh well such is life on a farm I guess.  I hate to lose a good hen, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

The rest of the night I put away one part of Christmas, my Lionel Polar Express train.  I had sprayed the train cars with snow, to make it look more like the Polar Express and yesterday I had hand washed each car carefully with water and a tooth brush.  They were now ready to be put away and it was a somewhat time consuming project.

Once the train was put I way I kicked backed on the couch and watched a great classic love story, When Harry met Sally.  It's still hilarious and timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment