Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 170, Cold and Snow


A cold blue morning, January 19, 2011.
 After a week with highs in the 50's it almost seemed like winter might have passed, but everyone in Central Oregon knows that we have a lot winter ahead.  Waking up to 2" of snow was a nice.  I had looked out the window several times during the night and with a full moon and fresh snow it had been light all night.

At work I was busy running errands including running to Bend for several items including a new Nikon D5000 camera.  I timed it perfectly, running to 4 different locations in Bend to pick up and drop off items and then arriving at my workout appointment  5 minutes ahead of schedule.  My workout was exhausting and we worked all areas of the body, including dead lift pull ups.  I'm still surprised I can pull this 205 lbs, 45 year old body up.

Back at home the chickens had spent the entire day cooped up and only laid 3 eggs.  I think they were a little miffed not being let out.  The temperature was now 26 and I was still in my shorts and t-shirt from my workout.    Way to cold to be outside and I wanted dinner and a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment