Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 169, Rain and more rain


Another 5 egg day, these two laid late in the day.

Today was a little easier to get up but it was a gray morning with rain and cold weather.  I'd be back at noon to let the chickens out and then not back until 7:30pm tonight.  We had an After Hours event from 4:30pm to 5:30pm at work, and then at 6pm I have a meeting at Church to actually become a member.

After 2 years of attending the same church I decided I should actually become a member.  There was meeting of new members before the Board of the Church in which we were all accepted.  On Sunday we will all be welcomed into the church in front of the congregation.  I'm not one who likes to stand up in front of people, but I'm sure I can handle it.

Back at home I had to once again, check on the chicken.  They had laid 3 eggs by noon and another 2 during the afternoon.  I was raining again and the temp was around 38, so it was cold wet and clammy.

At 10:30pm I looked out and noticed that it was snowing.  The deck was white and large white flakes were falling peacefully to the ground.  I love snow so I had to go out for a walk down the driveway.  It was amazing.

Snow seems to make everything seem to be perfect....all was right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment