Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 171, Leadership

The third Thursdays of the month I facilitate a leadership program, where I take between 16 and 20 people around the community to meet the leaders of the community.  The program is one day a month for 9 months and today is day 4 of this years program. 

I was out the door at 7:15am to run to the grocery store to pick up creamer, fruit, ice and fresh donuts.  The day is packed with speakers, presentations, tours and discussions.  starting at 8:30am and running until 5pm, it is a long day.   By 4:30pm the program was pretty much done and we worked on selecting class projects that will need to be completed by the end of the program in June.  It was a very full day and I think everyone had a great time and had absorbed all they could.  It was nice to be done a little early, which gave me time to clean up and head back to the office.

At 5:15pm I had round two of my much needed massage.  You would think a massage would feel great especially after a long day; unfortunately it's more of a sharp elbow in my back pushing out knots.  A few times during the hour I almost jumped off the table as a stubborn knot refused to give way.  Anyway, even though they are a bit on the painful side I always feel and move better.

I returned home at 6:45pm, checked on the chickens, 6 eggs, took a hot shower, had dinner, drank a ton of water and went to bed!  I was beat.  Tomorrow was Friday and we have our Annual Awards Dinner.  It's going to be another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment