Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 682, Full day!

All cleaned up, made in Denmark dresser from the 70's
Christian and his daughter had a great time camping in the trailer and she is fully on board with next weekends big camp out.  We made cinnamon rolls in the trailer over and played a few more hands of Farkle.  We had to get moving pretty quickly and drop Christin's daughter off at the stables where she works on Saturdays and then Christian and I were going to go look at a dresser at a garage sale.  The dresser is Danish and since Christian is too, the modern lines were calling him.

1951 Cadillac, it's V8 would pull the Traveleze with ease.
The dresser was in desperate need of oil and some light sanding with steel wool, but it was a great piece.  Christian bought the dresser at a killer price and we loaded it up in my truck.  Back home at my house we were both dieing to clean it up and and oil the teak wood.  After about an hour it was looking amazing.  It was a great purchase.  With it loaded back in the truck we took it Christian's condo.

One of the hazards of iphone is being able to checkout Craigslist whenever you have a spare moment.  I happened to spot a 1951 Cadillac in Bend and I had to call on it.  After delivering the dresser I asked Christian if he wanted to go look at it and he said absolutely.  It was less than a mile from his home.  The car was recently purchased from California and was for sale.  It had been restored and repainted, it was a great car for the price, but the paint and restoration were not perfect.  The car was presentable, but I wanted to talk to my buddy Rick in Prineville and get his opinion.   Christian was up for a drive so we headed to Prineville.

Visiting Rick is like is like taking a kid to a candy store.  There are cars, memorabilia and toys everywhere.  Christian was in awe.  We talked about the Cadillac and decided it was a great car and should buy it.  Ughh, I had just bought the Packard and restored the Traveleze.  I just wasn't sure I was ready for another car.

Rick gave Christian a tour of the property and we looked the 1940 Graham Shark Nose, and the Ranger pop up trailer.  Rick offered to give me the Ranger if I would restore it and they could use it when they wanted.  I said SURE!  I also said he could use the Traveleze anytime he wanted too.

Christian and spent several hours there and finally with the sun starting to set we decided it was time head home.  On the drive back we decided we had time to look at a house that was for sale in Terrebonne and then grab a bite at Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment