Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 683, Working on the Traveleze

My Dad's 1945 fishing pole held in place over the front window
After church I spent the rest of the day tinkering with the Traveleze.  I filled nail holes in the screen door and cabinetry, and some of the plywood had pockets between the layers that were exposed in the drawers, so I filled those two.  None of these holes were noticeable except to a discerning eye.  I then got out the shellack and shellacked all the spots and everything gleamed.  It was awesome.

I also wanted to build something to attach above the window valance that would hold my Dad's steel fishing pole.  I was sure I could create something out of wood and then shellack it to match all the wood work.  It was a fun project and the end result was just what I was looking for.

The sunlight was streaming in the trailer and everything just glowed. For some reason however the wind started to blow and it got extremely windy towards late afternoon.  The temperature is supposed to drop on Monday and once again I will have to cover the garden to prevent frost damage.

It had been a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment