Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 669, House hunting and yard work

It was a beautiful spring morning and Christian called me up and wanted to show me a house that he had discovered close to where his daughter rides horses.  I said sure I would meet him there and I jumped in the truck to go look.  It was in a great location, with good neighbors and the property had tons of potential.  The best part about the property besides the awesome surroundings was the price.  We spent quite a while just walking the property (two acres) and talking about the possibilities.  Christian had placed a call into the realtor and found out there was an offer on the table, but it did not look like it was going to move forward, so there was a chance and he would know in two weeks.

We had one more property to look at that was listed as a fixer upper.  It was less than a mile away, so we headed over.  The property was scary and the neighbors even worse.  However, we did pass one property on the way in that had a for sale sign, so we stopped and looked.  It was a great piece of property, two acres and the house had potential.  There was no sales info on the property, so Christian called the listing agent and got some of the details.  We both liked the property and thought it was worth looking into.

I had chores calling my name at home, so I headed home after the house hunting expedition.  Christian was encouraged that there homes out there and we both had a blast looking.

New boards in place to keep gravel out of  lawn
My big project for the day was replacing some of the boards I lined my gravel paths with between the lawn.  I put the boards in over 11 years ago and one section by the garage had rotted away.  I purchased several pressure treated 2x4's and went to work.  It wasn't too difficult, but it took time.  When I was done I like the look and wanted to replace the rest of them, but I'll do it as the need arises. 

Tonight was dinner with my folks.  I invited Christian to join us so my father could share his thoughts on making an offer on the house.  My father loves to deal with real estate and has done well.  He's not afraid to make an offer and he has always said that "he can buy property at full price any day of the week, but he is looking for the deal".  He is never afraid to walk away and keep looking.

We had a great dinner with lots of good conversation and Christian took several pages of notes.  I planed on taking my father to look at the property tomorrow to see if he had any thoughts or concerns.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment