Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 689, Open house for the Rally

Front page of the Oregonian H&G
Even with flip-fold mattresses, sleeping on the ground just isn't that comfortable.  Christian's tent kept us dry, and I was warm in my new retro sleeping bag, but my body just didn't care much for the lack of padding.  Even Christian was a little stiff from sleeping on the ground, still it was just fun to be out camping.

Tracy didn't sleep much better in the trailer and had been up since 4:30am and she had gone for a walk and taken a shower already by 8am.  With everyone awake and the day starting, I fired up the oven and made cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs. Christian is the only coffee drinker and started perking a pot of coffee on the stove. It was a great morning.

Christian's daughter had an opportunity to go spend time with here Aunt and Uncle in Albany.  With the weekend looking like it might rain a lot, we understood why an 11 year old might enjoy getting out of a small trailer, so Christian took her to Albany. 

From 11 to 4pm there was an Open House, where everyone opened their trailers and let people take a peek.  I quickly started to hear that my trailer was in the newspaper.  I had made front page of the June 23, 2012, Oregonian's Home and Garden section (Oregonlive.com/hg).  I was supposed to have been a side note to a story on Flyte Camp, but I got a lot more coverage than a side note.

Christian texted me if I needed anything while he was in town and said, yes, get me a copy of the Oregonian!  He texted me back saying I'm famous and he bought several copies. He also picked up some camp fuel for the lanterns and more food.


When Christian returned we all went for a walk and looked at the many trailers on display.  There were some pretty amazing trailers and we all had a favorite.


Tonight's dinner was hotdogs cooked over a fire and smores.



No comments:

Post a Comment