Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 675, Prinveville Car Show and Barbeque and Rick and Colleen's

Prineville Car Show, June 9, 2012
I was laying in bed at 8am, when I got a text from Colleen saying not to forget the Barbeque from 3-10pm.  I had remember, but wasn't sure about going to the Car Show.  Most shows start early, but the Prineville show doesn't start until 10am.  Collen said I should come on over, so I got up and did a few chores before heading to Prineville with the Packard.  I texted Tracy, and she wanted to go too, but she would meet me there.

Rick's garage
The Prineville show had a great turnout and I was car number 112 at 10:15am.  It is always fun to see what new cars are going to be there and what old favorites return.  The orange Packard drew a lot of attention and there were lots of comments about the paint.  Tracy arrived around 11am and we spent a lot of time looking at the cars and at the vendor booths.  I even found a salt and peper/napkin holder that was made out of alder and it even had a toothpick holder.  It has a very vintage 50 feel and thought it would be perfect in the Traveleze.

The car show ended at 3pm and Tracy and I then headed over to Rick and Collen's for the barbeque.  The barbeque was for everyone at the car show and it was a big show.  Ricked opened up all his garages and let people view his extensive collections of old cars and toys.  It was a great turn out and the weather warmed up making it perfect for the event.
Part of Rick's collection

Tracy and I headed home around 5pm and planed to go to see the movie The Avengers in Bend at 7pm.  As it turned out, the movie was in 3D at 7pm, so $27 later and another $10 for a Sprite and Butterfinger we were in.  The movie was good and we enjoyed our $37 outing.

I was ready for a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment