Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 679, Traveleze and stripes

Today I went to a sign company and talked to them about putting stripes on the Traveleze.  I had some black and white prints of a photo I took after I stripped the old paint off and you could see the original painted on stripes.  They were originally dark green and that is what I want.  Flyte Camp had received a bid of $1,200 to paint on the stripes but that just seemed really high.  With today's modern graphics you have vinyl stripes put on for a lot less, and you don't have ruff up the aluminum to get it to stick like you would have to do with paint.  And, if sometime down the road I don't like the color I can pull them off.

It took me no time to match the original Hunter Green paint color with the vinyl samples and the Traveleze is scheduled to go in on Tuesday of next week.  It will take all day but they are sure they can get it done and make it look great.

It was a very fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment