Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 672, Tuesday

Tonight I am having my folks over for their anniversary dinner.  Their anniversary is actually tomorrow, but they have plans with their neighbors.  June 6th, 1954 was the day they got married, 58 years ago.  I'm pretty impressed with that and wanted to do something.  I invited my brother and his family to come for a barbeque at 6:30 pm. 

I had a meeting in Bend that ran to 5:40 pm and I had to run home to get ready for dinner.  I had gone to the store that morning, so I had everything I needed.  My sister-in-law was bringing a salad and I had the rest.  My Mom brought a rhubarb crisp with rhubarb from my garden.  As it turned out my brother and oldest nephew were not able to come as they had to work on homework.  The 5 of us had a great time and enjoyed all the food.

After diner, I gave my folks the concrete "Vineyard" plaque that I had purchased in Norman, Oklahoma in April.  They appreciated the story about carrying the heavy sign on the plane to get it home and were excited about finding a location for it in the wine cellar.


No comments:

Post a Comment