Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 670, A lazy Sunday

I love the kind of day that starts off slow and lets you wake up at your own pace.  All the windows were open in the house and it was just a bit cool, which made for staying in bed under the covers all the better.  I got up with two hungry cats looking at me and they were pretty convincing that they should be my first priority.  One cat eats inside, and the other will only eat outside.
Swallows nest in the birdhouse on the deck.

With the animals fed I could grab a glass of juice and sit out on the deck.  The birds where happy and the swallows were busy padding there nest.  The sun was gently warming everything up and I was one happy camper.  A few moments later I heard my neighbor pull up the drive and ring the door bell.  His wife Kathy, had just backed fresh blueberry muffins with some of the eggs from my chickens and she wanted me to have a few.  There were still warm from the oven. I couldn't help but think this is a great life. 

Today at Church my friend Doug and I were ushers, so we needed to be at the church in time to great the congregation.  I sent Doug a text around 9 am reminding him that I would be coming by early to get him.  With the weather as perfect as it was I fired up the 53 Packard and headed off to Church around 10:20 am.  Doug and I did our ushering duties and picked up the church after service.  It was now well after noon and we were both hungry, so we stopped off at our usual, Mazatlan, and had lunch.

For Sale by owner and needing lots of help
My friend Christian had to work an 11 hours shift today, but I took my father to go look at the two pieces of property that Christian was interested in.  My father loves to work a real estate deal, but when I showed him the first property, he was really nervous about the condition of the house.  The second property he liked better but in his mind were way over priced for what he would be getting.  The third property was a major fixer upper with a manufactured  home that was no longer liveable and needs a new septic system.  The property is covered in trash and will take at least a year to clean up.  Surprisingly, my father though was an opportunity to make a very low offer and see if the owner would dump the property.  I always learn a ton from my father and welcome all the time I can get with him to learn from all of his wisdom.  I had a lot to share with Christian when he finished work and I planned on calling him after work.

What could be a better way to cap off a great afternoon than cleaning out the Chicken coop.  With my shovel, broom, gloves and trash bag I tackled the job.  It wasn't as horrible as I expected and I had it cleaned up in an hour.  The chicken's were very curious about what I was doing and immediately had to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment