Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 686, The Traveleze is finished

The Traveleze with stripes
With the last stripe put on the front of the Traveleze, it is now official complete.  It took 686 days to complete the project, but now it is ready to go camping.  I picked the trailer up after work and took it home before running into Bend for my workout.  It looks awesome and I am very pleased with the final results.  I had no vision of the the restoration turning out like this and I am very pleased.  I spent way more money than any sane individual would have, but I can't help but smile when I look at it.

The Anderson being readied for it's first outing.
After my workout I headed over to Flyte Camp to see how they were coming on the Anderson.  They have made lots of progress but still had a lot of work ahead of them to get it ready for the upcoming rally.  I knew they have been pushing hard to get it done, so I brought a box of donuts to help give them a sugar buzz.   They were running in all directions and I saw to simple projects that I knew I could help with, one was scouring the vintage toilet with a pumice stone and the other was scrubbing the white wall tires.  They were very generous in the amount of hours they put into my trailer and it was the least I could.  I've scrubbed many a toilet in my day and I was happy to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment