Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 348, Herman's Hermits

I was at the Rally by 8:45am to man the booth and restock the brochures and to  handout the bus passes for the 9am shuttle.  This was also the second day of the shuttle and we put 18 people on the first bus, 21 on the second and another 18 on the third bus.  This was the first time we working with our new bus transit system and it worked pretty good.

Today is also the day that we had a FAM tour scheduled with Group Meeting Planners from around the country.  They would be arriving at 11:30am to take a tour of the Expo property and to see the facility.  We thought it would be fun to show the facility with a large event like the Rally happening, to give them an idea of just how big an event be.  There were about 40 Tour Planners on the tour and they were impressed with what they saw.  We only had 40 minutes to show them the property before putting them back on the bus to take them to Eagle Crest for lunch and a tour of this great golf, resort property.

I was done by 1:30pm and had a few hours to myself before needing to be back at the Expo at 5:30pm.

At 5:30pm Tracy, my brother, my sister-in-law and her niece joined me at the Rally to be witnesses and time keepers for the Rally's attempt at breaking the Guinness Book of World Records for the most number of people "high fiving" at once.  The record was 1,790 and we were there to help them record this attempt.  At 6:30pm they brought the clickers from the gates and totaled them up and we had 1,798 people.  We were brought on the stage and introduced to the crowd and after a couple practice runs we broke the Guinness Book record.
Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits put on a
fantastic show!
Following the momentous event Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits was going to perform.  I was called back to his bus to meet him and give some background on the area.  It was a pleasure to meet him and the band.  I could help but think of what an amazing life this guy has lived.  Teenaged girls of the 60's fell at this guys feet and he had countless #1 hits and 20, top 20 hits.  He really is an amazing guy, and was very gracious. 

The concert was absolutely entertaining and you couldn't help but have a smile on your face.  Tracy didn't have a clue of who he was, but as soon as she heard him sing, she recognized his songs; There's A Kind Of Hush, I'm Into Something Good, Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter, I'm Henry The 8th I Am and others.  Tracy was smiling the entire time and even my brother was smiling, you just couldn't help it.  The concert lasted about 2 hours and Tracy and I were both very happy we saw the show, and from the front row no less.

Following the concert I was starving so we drove to Sonic and I got a burger and Tracy had diet Cherry Lime aid and then to top off the evening we shopping at WalMart!

No comments:

Post a Comment