Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 350, Rainy Monday

The excitement of the Rally is over.  I work through the weekend and now it's Monday morning and it gray and raining.  The temperature last night was in 40's and it had the look and feel of Fall.  Even my cats had no interest in going outside but I kicked them out anyway and I drove to work.

I had a lot of work to do, filled with heaping portion of drama, which always makes for a fun day.  Luckily the day went pretty quick and I was on my way home at 5:20pm.  I got home and let the chickens out.  They had laid 3 eggs and brooding hen was still sitting in the nest trying to hatch infertile eggs.  I know I can snap her out of it if I isolate her from the others, but i just haven't gotten around to it.  I decided I could buy a few hatching eggs off eBay and I'll slip them under her and let her hatch them.  I order 4 eggs for $4 and they should be here within the week.  It will be fun to see if this works and if the hen feels she has done her motherly duties.

It was a wet day and started raining again in the evening and it was an all around depressing night.  With the Bachelorette  the lonely thing on TV, I turned the TV off and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment