Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 351, Traveleze is still sitting in the parking lot untouched.

Today I stopped off to see the Traveleze and to see if it was any closer to getting worked on.  When I pulled in there were other trailers inside being worked on, and the 64 Shasta that had been completely dismantled, was starting to take shape.  They had gotten most of the interior back in and the walls were remounted on the trailer frame.  I estimated it would be at least another 2 to 3 weeks.  I was told that mine will get in after that, so we are looking at mid August.  I couldn't help but feel disappointed and I really wondered if I should just forget restoring the trailer and selling it.  I could buy a trailer for a lot less than I will spend on restoring the little canned ham.  In today's economy it might be a wise move and I can save the money for other projects around the house.  I know the trailer is in good hands and I can't think of a better place to have it restored, but I'm starting to lose my interest if it brings me feelings of disappointment.  It make me sad to see it sitting outside in the rain, knowing that it leaks, when it could be at home undercover.  At the least, I need to get it back home and keep it protected.  I obviously need to make a decision.

By evening, the weather was starting to clear and there was a hope that the sunshine might actually return, however, the temperature was dropping and it is supposed to be in the low 40's tonight.  I closed all the windows in the house and actually thought about turning on the furnace, but I refused.

No comments:

Post a Comment