Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 363, Sunday and chores

I can see the floor of my closet again.
After a fun day out on the lake it was now time to get busy and get a few chores done around house.  Starting with the inside of the house, I woke up at 7am, but fell back to sleep and woke up at 8:05am.  I felt like I hadn't slept at all, when in reality I had overslept.  I had to snap myself out of it, so I drank my protein shake and truned on the Dave Koz radio program and started with cleaning the kitchen.  I scrubbed the floors, wiped down the stainless appliances, cleaned the counters, scrubbed the sink, washed the inside of the kitchen window and emptied the trash.  Next I watered the plants, dusted the furniture cleaned out my closet/laundry room.  I don't know why, but I had three laundry soap jugs sitting on top of the washer.  I ironed 14 shirts, and 4 pairs of pants, and emptied all the trash cans in the house.  My final inside chore was to vacuumed the entire house.  When I was all done the house looked great and now I was ready for the outside.

First on the list was wash the truck from yesterdays kayaking outing to Sparks Lake.   The road back into Sparks is long and dusty and I managed to smash a few bugs on the drive as well, so the truck looked bad.

The 10' junper tree tied back up and pruned
Once the truck was washed I went to the Big R, which is a huge ranch supply store to buy 3 t-post.  I needed to tie the juniper tree back up that was flattened in the snow storm again, and the pear tree by the chicken coop also need a little support too.  I got back to the  house with the t-post and tied a rope to the tree and then my truck and pulled the sucker back into place.  I tied it to the t-post which I had pounded into place and then let the pressure off with the truck.  The tree went back over and took the post with it.  I put the truck in 'drive' and this time pulled it past straight up and with my loppers I pruned off all the big branches way back.  This time when I let the pressure off it stayed up right.  It doesn't look horrible, but it's not as nice as used to be.  I figured this would do, and if it doesn't live I'll cut it down.  It's just a juniper and I'm allergic to them anyway.

I spent all day in the yard working on small projects and I even started cleaning out the garage.  It was a great day and I enjoyed just puttering in the yard and getting a few things done around the house that have been driving me nuts.

Flowers in the backyard and Harris
At 5pm I went to my folks house and we went out for Mexican.  It was a perfect weekend. 

As the sun started to set I spent a few moments walking around the yard and checking things out.  Everything was looking pretty good and I was pleased with my progress for the day.  Next weekend I have another list of chores that I want to get done and hopefully I it will be equally as productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment