Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 364, Monday Monday

What can I say, it's another beautiful day and the temperature is expected to reach 88 today.  I drove the convertible and parked behind my office and put the cover over the car.  I could put the top up, but I find it's easier to just toss the cover over it.  The cover does many things, one it keeps the dirt and leaves out of the car, it protects the leather, it keeps me from having to put to the top up which would fade, prevents the plastic back window from rotting and it keeps the sun off the paint and rubber, so its an all around win.  It is however some what of a hassle and I have to close the cover in the door, so it doesn't blow off, but it works.

At noon I ran home for lunch and let the chickens out and then I ran to the airport to buy my plane ticket to Oklahoma City.  I was supposed to have bought the ticket on Sunday, but I forgot to go to the airport so I called to extend the hold on the ticket until today.  My friend Ann in OKC had given me a Delta Airlines gift certificate and I needed to use the certificate by this September, so the timing was perfect.  The gate agents had a little difficulty figuring out how to redeem the coupon, but they got it done I went back to the office.

Rain storm August 1, 2011
By 5pm the weather was starting to have that black ominous look with thunderheads brewing as the afternoon temperature started to climb.  I left the office at 5:20pm and I was a little worried I might get wet with the top down, but I figured I would just make it home if I drove quickly.

I was about 3 blocks from the house when the rain started to fall, but it wasn't to hard at first and I wasn't really getting wet.  I parked the car in the garage and by the time I got in the house the thunder and lightening was really starting to act up.  Within 20 minutes it was a complete down pour, I had just made it home in time.  The chickens scrambled for shelter and I watched the rain and the storm blow through.  The storm lasted about 45 minutes and it really soaked the ground good.

After the storm passed I spent some time out in the yard and cleaned my gutters that were showing signs of being plugged.  I love a summer rain storm and the air smelled fresh and clean, with a hint of wet juniper, which for those of you don't know smells a lot like cat pee.  Yuck.

It had been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment