Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 11, Another day

FMCA Rally in Redmond, OR August 2010
Today was another busy day, but it's one step closer to the weekend.  The FMCA crowd thinned down a bit today as they were busy participating in the number of outings and seminars.  Evening entertainment has kept them busy with various performers like Debbie Reynolds and tonight are the Texas Tenors.

At lunch today, I had a very pleasant surprise, the chickens had laid 2 eggs.  This is the first double header and brings the egg count up to 7.  The question now is, who is the other egg layer?  I have a feeling it is the Cornish hen, as she tends to spend a lot of time close to the coop and enters it often.  As I left my late lunch, 2 o'clock, I left the hens out and let  them have free reign of the grounds.  The chicks I left in the pen safe from any harm.

Wednesday's workout got moved to today and I'm just barely moving, as I got my butt kicked by the trainer.  I had to chuckle that at last nights concert, one of the vendors was offering a "free screening" to see how old your body actually is.  I had to remove my shoes and stand on a scale,  they entered my height and age and then I had to hold the device in my hands for a minute straight down and then straight out.  My fat content was good, my muscle was fine and I was on the high end of healthy for my age, but my body age was 67!  Now I know I feel old, but my 45th birthday isn't until next week.  I had a calcium screening for my heart done just a few months ago and I was fine, heart of a 20 year old.  Talk about a downer and then getting my butt kicked made me feel like an old man.  Ughh.

Evening functions included going to the Traveling Vietnam Wall Memorial that arrived in town yesterday and listening to the dedication ceremony.  It was quite a moving and powerful memorial and a very large crowd was in attendance to see the event.   I was very moved by the wall and personally moved by the 911 names that were also displayed of everyone who was lost on that tragic day.  In one of the towers was a guy my age with the same name, minus my silent "e" so pronounced the same.  Life's twists of fate are never ending and ever changing.

After the Wall ceremony I had an evening business reception to go to.  The reception was very nice and at a spectacular home along the river.  After a long day I was ready to go home but more importantly it was approaching 8pm and the sun would be setting soon and I had left the chickens out in the yard! They would be looking to get back in the pen and going to bed.

When I got home I unloaded my truck and immediately went to the back yard where the chickens came running up to me.  I walked to the pen and opened the door and all seven walked in.  They were ready to be safe in the confines of their pen and ready to walk the plank up to the coop and settle in for the night.

I had one chore I had to get done tonight before turning in for the night myself and that was to wash my truck.  I'm one of those obsessive compulsive when it comes to keeping my vehicles clean and in top notch mechanical shape.  My truck was really dirty and so much so, that I had two comments from friends, saying "wow your truck is worse than mine".  That was enough for me to think right then and there, that tonight, I'm washing my truck.  By 9pm the truck was washed, dried and standing tall, albeit in the dark.

Today's progress on the trailer consisted of Amy driving to Springfield to see her folks.  Tomorrow she plans to go shopping with mother for fabric to make curtains for the trailer.  I measured the windows after finishing the truck and sent them the dimensions.  Amy and her mom estimated we would need 5 yards of fabric, which sounds good to me.  I have no idea what they are doing, but I trust Amy's style and her mother's ability to sew.  They did inform me that they will sew later, after they properly measure and look at each window  I think the goal is to just look and perhaps buy fabric.

Tomorrow is another busy day, but it's Friday.  I don't think I have anything going on in the evening, so perhaps I can be a little productive and actually do something with the trailer.  I do have to work with FMCA on Saturday, but I am sure progress can be made over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment