Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 29, Monday

Mondays are always a day of regrouping and figuring out what needs to get done during the week. After having a wonderful 4 day weekend, I knew my Monday morning would be interesting. First task of the day was to drive to Bend and pick up our newsletter; the drive to Bend always gives me time to think and this would be a nice way to ease back into work mode.
One curious chicken!

The chickens were going to be disappointed after having four days of running around the yard all day.  Today they were going to have to spend the majority of their time confined to the pen. I was however, able to run home for a quick bite around 2:30pm and let them out for the afternoon.   I figured the risk of any danger between then and when I got home, was pretty minimal.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and Trailer lights
The rest of the afternoon zipped by. I went to the gym with my Mom where I found out I have no flexibility in my hips.  I guess I’ll need to work on that. After the gym, I stopped off at the store and bought some new athletic shoes, (I wanted to call them sneakers - but does anyone really call them that anymore?). I also bought another new set of novelty trailer light, a jar of Mother’s Aluminum polish and some toothpaste, so I ended up getting home around 6pm.

I pulled into the drive and I notice that Red-tailed hawk was back and perched out on the wheel line in the field. This hawk shows up every year about this time and stay for the winter.  I figure he must be back for for the season.   I then got a little nervous thinking about the chicks being out, but pulled in next to the garage I could see that they were all fine.

Less than a minute to shine up the metal like this.
I started to unload the truck and was eager to tryout  this new aluminum polish, when my phone rang. My parents wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner and I said yes. Food always trumps whatever I’m doing. I did manage to try a small test patch of the polish before my parents arrived and wow, did it work. I’m really excited to see how this stuff works on a large section, but from what I could tell it was the best product I have tried to date and it really created that mirror like finish.

With dinner taking a bite out of the evening I was not going have time to work on the trailer and I really needed to clean up around the house. I have let a rather large collection of cleaning products, tools, used bits of old steel wool and other miscellaneous cleaning products pile up by the back door, that have been used on the trailer. I sorted through what needed to be tossed, put away what was not going to be used and spent the rest of the evening in the shop and garage.  I hooking up cars to battery chargers, sorted through an assortment of car covers to put back on the cars and I straightened up small messes that had accumulated all over the place.

Enjoying her run about the yard.
I am going to be gone for 6 days, so there will be no trailer time for a week, how sad is that.  So why all the cleaning up?  Michelle in my office is getting married and will be having 11 people staying at her house.  I have offered my home up as a place for extra family members and friends to stay.  I don't want my place to look like a total disaster, so I decided to a little cleaning was in order.  Also my folks as well as Amy and perhaps Doug will be checking on the animals and of course, to collecting the eggs.  I couldn't leave and let them watching after a messy house, so the cleaning was well in order. 

Tomorrow night will be more yard work, including mowing the lawn and some last minute weeding.

Now that the trailer is at least presentable I think the house and yard should look good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment