Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 24

Pretty much as expected there was no time for the trailer today. The temperature was in the high 90’s which was nice, but the forecast was for a 14 degree drop for Thursday and down to the mid 70’s for the weekend.

As for the chickens it was a two egger day and even the chickens did not get a chance to run free today. By the time I got home from the Music on the Green concert it was 8:15 and the sun was long gone, so they had already gone to bed for the night. I did have an opportunity at lunch to feed them a bunch of grapes left over from the golf tournament that had turned. They seemed to enjoy them and by evening there was nothing but the stems.

21' 1954 Traveleze, These are the same stripes my trail had.
I’ve enjoyed the book Silver Palaces and the more I think about how to paint my trailer, the more I like just the idea of leaving it original with just the dark green stripes. The 1954 Traveleze in the book looks great with just stripes. My only problem is my trailer has some damage to the lower rear and lower front skins. We had talked about repairing with bondo and painting over it, or adding a kick plate. I’ll have to go over my options again with the trailer guy and see what he thinks. Another interesting discovery is that the yellow back splash in the kitchen matches the yellow floor tile found under the sink cabinet, so my idea of painting the trailer yellow might not be so far off the original paint scheme.

Yesterday, the teardrop yellow side marker lights came in the mail, so I have those ready to put on when it comes time to start reassembling the trailer.

I’m looking forward to having Thursday and Friday off. I have a list of chores to get done, so it should be nice long 4 days of puttering with projects. The chickens should enjoy it too, as I will be able to let them all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment