Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 15, Eggs over Traveleze

Have you ever had one of those mornings, where from the minute you wake up, you know it's going to be a great day. Well, this was one of those days.

I was able to do a little more research on the trailer today and I found two more shops that specialize in vintage trailer restorations in Bend.  Based on the one website, I was impressed with their work, as several of the vintage trailers they had restored looked to have been in similar condition as mine. I fired off a few emails, asking about their services and will wait to hear back.  I also, will most likely call on my lunch break if I haven't heard from them. I was also able to order replacement side marker lights for the front of the trailer. They are the teardrop shape lights and were very inexpensive. I also need to replace the 3 red plastic tail lights, as they are faded and cracked. I tried to find them online, but didn't have any luck.  I am sure they are out there, I just have to keep looking.

Today was workout day and after the gym, I had invited my parents, Doug and Amy to come over for omelets. Amy and I discussed if we wanted to keep the first eggs (shells) and blow them out.  The answer was yes and  I  got the unfortunate task of doing that. Yuck! Without going into gross detail the eggs were blown out and we were ready to make omelets.

Fresh egg omelet!
My Father is a master at breakfast and he was in charge of the eggs, Mom had diced ham and cubed cheese and when all 12 eggs were cooked we had 7 omelets. The outside temperature was in the high 70’s, there was no wind, the sun was low and the chickens were foraging in the yard. It was the perfect summer evening.

The table set with omelets for all, two kinds of bread and a bottle of wine, what more could you ask for. Oh, and the vintage trailer book even made it to the table.  Everyone took their turn looking at the book as it was being passed around as it was a great source for inspiration and ideas. I even think my father is starting to catch the trailer fever just a little.

Farm fresh egg omelets, bread, wine family and friends.
The omelets were excellent and yes, I do think farm fresh eggs taste better, but then everything tasted good. The conversation ranged from the chickens to trailers and there is still quite a debate on what color to paint the Traveleze. My soft yellow is meeting some resistance and is being questioned, as to if it is masculine enough. They even likened it to “pink” Yikes! Hmm, hunter green?  I want a color that is true to the 50's and is not blue or red.  We might have to do some more serious looking at trailer photo's to find a color that is just right.

It was another spectacular day and the trailer is going to be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I think yellow could work, but it would have to really be bold. The kind that *almost* (but not quite) pushes in to yellow-orange. Like some of those yellow sports cars that you see. Those are always really cool. Maybe that's what others are not understanding about yellow... They're thinking too soft.

    ReplyDelete