Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 737, Sou'wester Lodge, here we come.

A quick oil change
In the middle of the night I realized that I needed to change the oil in the truck.  I figured I could get up early and run into the dealer and have it changed quickly and then get ready to leave.  I had a few chores that needed done before leaving, laundry, neighbors cat, etc.  I headed out about 8:30 am, for the oil change and got right in with no waiting.  I was out in 20 minutes and headed back for home.

I texted Tracy that it would probably be 10:20 am before I got over there and she was fine with that.  I ended forgetting to toss my wash in the dryer and quickly tossed it in. I had the sheets in the wash and I needed to make the bed before I go.  The thought of clean sheets when I get home will be a nice way to end the weekend.

Mt. Hood rest stop
My 10:20 am pick time quickly became 10:45 am, but she had no problem and was ready when I got there.  By the time we got Tracy and all of her stuff loaded and packed in the trailer it was 11 am.

Our route was going to take us north up 97, to Madras and then over Mt Hood, to 205, and into Washington.  We would actually be crossing the Columbia three times, going from Oregon into Washington, back to Oregon and finally crossing the Astoria bridge back into Washington to get to Seaview.

Crossing the Astoria bridge
Our first stop was in Madras to get something to eat and a few groceries that we forgot.  We were also not sure if we would have water, so we picked up two big water jugs.  The second stop would be at Mt Hood so Tracy could use the restroom and I used it as an opportunity to take a few pictures of the trailer.

Backed in and ready to set up camp
The total drive was 6 hours, but we made it.  Driving across the Astoria bridge is weird feeling.  It is truly an amazing bridge and I felt like the Traveleze was really on an adventure.

Pulling into the Sou'wester lodge was a flash back in time.  The lodge was once a private home built in 1890 and there were rental cabins and vintage trailers you could rent as well.  It reminded me of a vintage camp where you would spend your summers and escape the heat of the city.  I pulled the Traveleze in and we headed to the trailer camp area.  Many of the rally goers were there and we quickly parked and set up camp.  I could tell this was going to be a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment