Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 744, Tournament day

The alarm went off at 5:15am and I was in the truck and down the driveway by 5:45 am.  It was a bit cool but I knew today was going to be hot so I enjoyed while I could.  It was really a beautiful morning and the tournament went off without a hitch.  We were a few teams sort of selling out, which was a first for us, but still we had a large tournament.  Around 10 am the temperature was starting to get warm and by noon it was in the 90's.  We were lucky to have a slight breeze and if you stayed in the shade it wasn't too bad.

At 1:30 pm we had our barbeque lunch and award ceremony and everyone had a great time.  By 3pm we were breaking down and loading up all our vehicles and heading back to the office.  Surprisingly we still had a lot of beverages left and my truck looked just as full as it did this morning.  Even my friend Christian showed up to see how the tournament was going and we filled his truck clear full too.

Back at the office the car show people were busy getting ready for their big event and several of the people dieing from the heat so I invited them in the office to cool down.  It took us about an hour to unload everything and we left the building unlocked so the car club could come and go as they needed.

Packard parked next to a 1953 Pontiac.
I ran back home and laid down on the couch for a bit and then got fired up the Packard and headed down to the car show.  I was got down there and the cars were starting to pull in.  They had a great turnout and I got parked next to a 1953 Pontiac convertible.  It was neat to see the two cars parked next to each other.  The Pontiac was in much better shape than my Packard.  I had to drool over the Pontiac and I can only imagine how nice the Packard would look if it was restored. 

Around 8 the car show did a cruise and everyone jumped in their cars and drove around 6th and 5th street, making  a big loop.  It was a lot of fun to see everyone, and all these great cars in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment