Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 727, Last day of July

Here it is the last day of July and tomorrow starts a new month.  On Thursday, August 2, it will be two years since I bought the Traveleze and started this blog.  I'm thinking that two years is probably a good time to call it quits and hang up the typing fingers. "The random life of a middle aged guy, his chickens and restoring a 1950 Traveleze trailer" has had a good run.  It's been fun to look back over the last two years and to read about the daily events that made up each week, month and year.  I had forgotten about some random events, like preparing for a holiday, the loss of a chicken and some of the major milestones in the restoration of the Traveleze.   When one reflect on their life, as disclosed in snippets over 728 days, it is actually quite sobering.  I realize just how fast time has flown.  Our time on this planet is short and appreciating even the most random of moments is important.  For the most part I documented the highlights of the last two years.  There were some sad moments and even heartache, but I like to look past those times and focus on the good.  I know it's important to remember both the good and the bad, but the bad has such a natural way of etching its mark in our heart without having to put it on paper.  I'm so blessed, that nearly all of my days over the last two years have been good. Pulling the plug on this blog will be sad and a loss of the random days that make up my life.  I will contemplate the blog over the next day and figure out what to do and I hope the coming years will be equally as rewarding and random.
Six eggs

My little farm, makes me smile every time I return.  I can't wait to get home each day and spend time in the yard.  My new girls (hens) laid 6 eggs today and all 9 of them were eager to get out into the garden and dig up bugs.  My two cats left me a surprise inside the house today, having caught two magpies and beheaded them in the living room.  I wanted to get upset, but it's life on the farm and it's two less annoying magpies on the planet.  I cleaned up the carnage, shampooed the carpet and headed over to my parents of dinner.

Spending time with my folks is one of my greatest joys.  I love them beyond words and enjoy every minute of my time with them.  As they approach their 80's, I know that time is precious and even though they are far younger than their years, I don't want to have any regrets about not spending time with them.  I am blessed, and my parents are what made it all possible.

The last day of July 2012.
This last day of July was one that you want to capture in your memory forever, a warm summer breeze,  beautiful sunset and a beaming full moon.  I walked down my driveway accompanied by my cat Harris in the twilight.  The air was fresh and the sound of irrigation sprinklers tapped through the air.  There were just a few streams of light jetting into the night sky and Harris and I enjoyed the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment