Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 746, Happy Birthday

Hilarious Birthday card from my brother.
I finally got to sleep in and wake up naturally without an alarm.  I woke around 7:30 and laid in bed until 8, it was awesome.  Today's my birthday and I have no plans other than I wanted to take my parents kayaking.  I gave them and call and they said no.  I was a little bummed and thought oh well I'll just stay home and do yard work.  My yard was looking a bit out of control and I had lots of pruning to do and pulled out the hedge trimmer and worked on the boxwood as well as trimmed up the Shasta Daisy's.   It was a great day with no plans and just putting in the yard.

The only thing I was going to do was go to dinner with my folks at 5:30 pm.   They wanted to take me to Black Butte Ranch and eat the lodge.  I love Black Butte Ranch and the view is the best in Central Oregon.  By the time I was done working in the yard, I really wasn't in the mood to get cleaned up and drive into Black Butte, so I called my parents and they said no, they were taking me to dinner.  Ughhh. I jumped in the shower and got cleaned and ready to go.

Black Butte Ranch
It's about a 30 minute drive to the Ranch, and it really is an amazing place.  It's always nice to spend time with parents and the food was excellent.  One thing I was pleased to discover is the color of the walls in the restaurant.  They are exactly what I have been looking for, to repaint my house.  I had just painted my house last fall but it is just too dark and I want something different and lighter.  I asked the host if he could find out and he yes that he could call maintenance and call me tomorrow.  This was the best birthday gift, I had found my new color.

No comments:

Post a Comment