Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 739, Fun weekend comes to an end

Another great Seaview home
With a 6 hour drive a head, you can't help but think about packing up and hitting the road.  I really didn't want to leave, and could easily enjoy several more days exploring the area. I was planing on leaving sometime around noon.  We had time for another walk around the neighborhood to look at the old homes and to see the amazing gardens.  Flowers seem to thrive here and almost all of the yards looked like something out of a gardening magazine.

Heading back over the Astoria Bridge
The Astoria Bridge that we crossed
Before long, the noon hour had rolled around and we had the Traveleze loaded up and ready to hit the road.  We said goodbye to our new friends as they packed up and pulled out too.  We headed back to the Astoria bridge and then took a different route home, taking Hwy, 101 to Seaside and then inland to Beaverton.  My brother and sister-in-law wanted to meet up with us and give me an early birthday gift, so as we got close we called and arranged a meeting location. 

We were shocked to open the door of the truck to step out into 99 degree heat after being in the 70's at the coast all weekend.  Tracy said it was the first time she was warm all weekend.  It was great to see everyone and I had to open my birthday gift.  It was a hilarious trailer, Christmas, music box, that lights up and has a scene that turn inside.  It was too funny.

Tracy and I still had a three hour drive ahead of us, so we said good bye and jumped back into the truck. 

The Traveleze pulls so easy, I would almost forget it was back there.  I could tell on hills that the truck had to work a little harder, but it was a really easy to pull.

After 6 hours of driving I had Tracy back home and I was heading home.  It had been really fun weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment