Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 745, The Car Show.

Harris and I enjoying a summer afternoon.
Despite an early morning the day before and this being a Saturday, I was up early once again to get the Packard down to the car show.   I was supposed to meet up with the car club at Fred's and then drive over and they were all hoping to get a good spot in the shade.  As it turned, there were several other car buffs thinking the same thing and we didn't get the good spots in the shade.  I was parked right in the street if full sun, but today was not supposed to be as hot so I wasn't that concerned.  What I was bummed out about, was I had wasted some prime sleeping time, but oh, well I was there.

One happy chicken
Surprisingly the skies were a bet threatening of possible thundershowers and it hurt the turnout for the car show there was about 170 cars and the cloud cover kept the sun's rays from baking everyone.  It wasn't until around 2 pm that the sun came out and it felt hot.  The awards were at 3 pm and I had entered the Packard in the Stock/Original class, knowing that the competition in Best 50's and Convertible would be stiff.  To my surprise all the great cars of the 50's and Convertibles of the era entered in the same class, so I knew I didn't stand a chance.   I really didn't want to stand in the sun so I stay in the shade and didn't pay much attention to the awards.  I could still them, but I didn't want to get hot.  When they got to Stock Original class I heard my number and the Packard took first.  I had to run to get there to accept the award.  Immediately after the awards ceremony the event was over and I had to time to go home and rest.

I got home and let the chickens out and kicked in the yard with Harris and the chickens. It was a nice summer evening and nice to slow down.

At 6 pm Tracy was having a birthday party for me and many of my friends were going to be there.  It was a fun excuse to get everyone together and to see Tracy's newly painted house.

No comments:

Post a Comment