Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 340 It's Friday

I went to work and we had our usual Friday morning Coffee Clatter event and afterwords I took the Mercedes over to get the Rolls. After 8 months I was getting my car back and dropping one off one for it's turn at getting serviced. I love cars and buy them dirt cheap which usually means they have been neglected some of necessary service to keep them in like new shape. For the most part I've bought pretty good cars, which haven't needed lots of attention and I've been able to enjoy them and then sell them slight profit when I'm ready to let them go.

Friday was crazy at work, as people were flocking to town for the big Sisters Quilt Show. There was also an art event across the street where the city's art commission was dedicating 5 new public art pieces.

The art event was at 5pm to 8pm so went over after work to watch the art dedications and the artist talk about their pieces. There was a very small turnout but the art is fantastic and really gives the community a sense of cultural happening and purpose.

I headed for home after the dedications and got changes to mow my lawn. The lawn takes and hour and then I washed the Rolls and scrubbed the white wall tires that had yellowed a bit over the last 8 months in the shop. One of the first things I did with the Rolls when I bought three years ago was put née tires on it. Finding white wall tires now a days is nexe to impossible. I grew up in a time when nearly all cars had white walls and now it's a rarity only for big old sedans; it kind of makes me feel old when I stop and think about it. Anyway, the best thing to clean whitewalls with is an SOS soap pad it makes them as white as new.

With Rolls clean and the sun setting I was hungry so what better thing would there be to do than to take the car out for a spin and go to Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment