Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 361, It's Friday and the weekend is almost here

The sun has been shining all week and today is supposed to be 90! I couldn't help but be in a great mood.  The work day was busy which made it go quick.  At noon my friend Amy Jo stopped in and asked if I was free for lunch, which I was.  She was on her way back to Portland, but wanted to grab a bite before driving over the mountain.  It was so great to see her this week and to hear about all the changes in her life.

The rest of the afternoon went extremely quick and before too long we were closing up the doors to the office and starting the weekend.

I ran home to mow my lawn, which I actually enjoy and I finished up just after 7pm.  Tracy and I had talked about going to see a movie and I wanted to see Cowboys and Aliens.  Tracy wasn't so sure about that, but when I said Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig were in it she said okay.  I got on my iPhone and checked out Fandango, but for some reason I miss read the time and thought it said 8pm, which was perfect.  It turns out I was looking at the wrong theater in the neighboring town of Sisters.  We met at the theater at 8pm and found my mistake.  So instead we decided to see Crazy, Stupid, Love.  We had about 45 minutes to kill and since I hadn't eaten dinner we went to my favorite fast food place, Sonic.

Crazy Stupid Love turned out to be very entertaining and of course a happy ending.  We were both pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.  It was a great way to start the weekend off.

No comments:

Post a Comment