Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 353, Thursday working out and the Sons of Norway

The sun was shining bright and early but it was a little cool with the low around 42 and yes it's July 21!  I took the big Cadillac out of the garage and took some pictures of it in the driveway.  A gentleman in Omaha wanted actual pictures mailed to him saying he was interested in the car.  I  really doubt he is going to buy the car, but I took some pictures and sent them to a Walgreen's in Omaha for $2.20.

It was my workout day, so I got to the gym at 4:15pm and we went for a run along the river covering about 3 miles.  My trainer pushes me and we ran at a faster pace than I usual do, and up hill.  I kind of have to hate her, as she wasn't even breathing hard and could carry on a full conversation while running.  I'm much better than I used to be, but I have to speak in between gasp for air.

The sunset July 21, 2011
Following my workout at 5:15pm was the Sons of Norway Building Committee meeting and got there about 5 minutes late which was perfect and it's only about 2 blocks from the gym.  The meeting lasted about an hour and we had a good discussion about the kitchen expansion we want to do and possibly looking at another building.  The good thing about the Lodge is it is growing and eventually we will grow out of current building (I think we already have).

I got home around 8pm and there were a few stormy looking clouds in the sky and it was a bit cool.  At 9pm I remember to drag the trash can down the long driveway and the sunset was pretty amazing.  It was the perfect ending to a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment