Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 341, Drive to Portland

I slept like a rock and got out of bed at 7:50am.  I had gone to bed at 10:45pm, so I was shocked that I slept that much, but man did it feel good.  Today I'm going to drive to Portland to see my friends Robin and Brad, and my brother and his family.  I also want to stop off in Salem to look at a 49 Pontiac that might work great for pulling my trailer.

1949 Pontiac, Streamliner

I left the house at 9am and figured I would arrive in Salem at 11:30am, which I did exactly.  The Pontiac was parked in the driveway it look great.  The couple who own the car are Norwegian and we hit off great.  They also have a house in Southern California very close to my folks.  It was hard to keep the subject on the car as we kept talking about being Norwegian and the similaries between our families.  I took the car for a spin and it drove pretty good with it's automatic transmision shifting a little rough.  1949 was the first year for automatic tramisions in Pontiacs.  After about an hour and half chatting I said I would make a few calls and get back to them about the car but would surely see them down in California.

It was a beautiful day and was driving the BMW with the top down all the way to Portland.  I called Robin and they were out running around so I said I would meet them for dinner at her sisters house and I would go spend some time with my brother and his family. 

My plan was to drive over and back in the day, but my brother offered a place to stay, which I knew I was welcome.  I was starting feel that my visit with Robin and her family would go later than I expected and that driving home would not be a good idea. 

My visit with Robin, Brad, her Mom, sister, brother-in-law and good friends Mike and Marlene was very fun.  We looked at all of our Ireland pictures and the even flew by, and before I knew it, it was 9:30pm.  Robin and Brad had to catch a 5am flight back to Oklahoma City the next morning, so they headed back to their hotel and I headed to my brother and sister-in-law Jem's house across town.

It took me exactly 30 minutes to get across town and they had cleared room for me to park my car inside the garage.  We watched the fourth movie of Harry Potter, which I hadn't seen and Jen had picked up a cake at the market.  The cake was killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment