Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 349, The last day of the Rally

I was back up and the Rally by 9am and stayed until 12:00pm when the information area was closed.  The Rally was in its last few hours and would soon be over. 

I did have a chance to walk around and look at some of the vendors and the many display coaches and trailers.  I couldn't help but think about my 1950 Traveleze and wonder if I would get back before summer is over.  The more I want to have it done the further off it seems to get.  I'm trying not to be disappointed, but I can't  help it; I put down a large amount of money, well over a month ago to start the restoration process and it's gotten nowhere.  It was one year ago that I was in Louisville, Kentucky and got bitten by the vintage trailer bug and I'm fast approaching the one year mark since I purchased the 1950 Traveleze (August 2).  I just need to be patient the Traveleze's time will come.

It took me about 20 minutes to box up and load the car.   I left a few state maps and a few plastic bags (which were very popular) in case anyone came in looking for them.   I unloaded the brochures back at the office and headed for home around 1pm. 

I really needed to mow my lawn and figured now was my chance.  I changed quickly and jumped on the mower.  The sky had that look of possible rain, so I wanted to get this done.  I mowed the lawn and the rain held off.  I then pulled weeds for several hours, getting the yard back into shape and looking pretty good.  One of my WalMart purchases the night before was garden fertilizer, so walked around the garden and spread out two bags of the stuff hoping it will boost the stunted growth.

It has been a long week and weekend and I'm beat.  I had dinner with my folks and was back home around 9pm.  I locked the chickens up for the night and went inside.  I'm hoping I can take some time off this week and re-cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment