Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 342, Sunday and a beautiful drive home.

Again, I slept like a rock, this was two days in a row, so I felt great.  We had breakfast on the patio and we watched the many birds fly around the yard and take their morning bath in the bird bath.

My brother and family were going to go to chuch and needed to leave by 10:30am, so I was out the door about 10:15am. 

It had been a long time since I was last in Portland and one of my favorite spots to shop is NW 23rd.  I drove over to this quaint district and parked the car.  My friend Robin had lived in this area about 15 years ago and we shop the many unique stores that line NW 23rd.  On of my favorite stores is Restoration Hardware and I walked the store looking at what was new for the summer season.  After an hour or two I was back in the car and drove around downtown and just checked out the activity of the city.

Heading up and over Mt. Hood
I decided to change my root home and drove up Hwy 84 to Hood River.  I stopped and got gas, and walked around a bit and enjoyed the small town.  From there it was over Hwy 35 through the famous Hood River orchards and wine country and right next to Mt Hood.  The drive was spectacular, and the car was performing flawlessly.  I was in awe of how pretty the mountain was and how fun it was to be in a convertible.

When I arrived home, I unloaded the car and then gave the car a bath, washing off the many bugs that I flattened along the drive.

It had been a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment