Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 345, The Rally and the concert.

Today started off looking a lot more promising than yesterday and the weather forecast was for no rain.  I felt a huge relief, as this will be our second concert tonight out of six and yesterday they were saying rain.

Work was busy manning the information table and running back to the office to set up the tent for the concert and then back out to the rally.  The Good Sam Rally is one amazing event and they are hoping for 3,500 participants, in every form of RV, from motor coaches, fifth-wheels, and trailers.  It's our job to man the information booth and answer any questions they might have.  I actually love this part of the job and really enjoy meeting the people and learning where they are from.  Before I knew it was 4pm and they were closing the information hall down and it was time for me to head back to the office and get ready for the concert.

The concert starts at 6pm and I headed down at 5:05pm, to help out where ever I was needed. The weather was sunny with a slight breeze and I was just glad it wasn't raining.  The parked was packed and I would estimate about 1,500 people were in attendance.  The concerts last an hour and half and by 7:30pm it was starting to getting cool.  The crowd cleared out pretty quickly and by the time the band broke down their equipment, it was 8:30pm and it took us about 15 minutes to take the tent down and load everything in my truck.  Once back at the office it took even less time to unload my truck and I was  on my way home by 9pm.  I had my nephew and his two buddies in my truck and I dropped them off on my way home.  They had a really good time at the concert and were now going to hangout all night, oh to be young and not have to work.

I was glad to be home and t here was just enough light to check on the chickens and clean up the mess they made at the front steps to the house  I gave them fresh water and feed and closed them in for the night.  The egg count for the day was 3, which was not very impressive.

It  had been one long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment