Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 355, Saturday 10 days until it's been one year

It's hard to believe that there is only 10 days left until it's been one year since I started this blog.  One of ramblings full of typos, run-ons, and bad grammar and covering everything from the Traveleze, chickens, work, travel and just the routine life of a middle aged guy.  I'm sure the next 10 days will go fast and we'll be back to August 3, the day I bought the 1950 Traveleze.  There is little to report on the trailer.  It's still sitting in the parking lot of the restoration shop; it will probably be mid August before its turn comes up.  I've talked to the owner of the shop about maybe just buying something already done, but the fact is I want the Traveleze.  I've waited a year and even if this summer is over before I get trailer at least I'll have it and  I'll have something to look forward to next year.

As for my Saturday, I wanted to pick up a load of lava rock in my truck and take them out to my parents house to build a small low level rock wall underneath the siding that hides the underside of the deck.  It looks weird  having the space between the ground and siding so I figure this would look good and take care of the problem. Tracy offered to help me load the rock and help me out and I wasn't going to say no to help.  The rocks were easy to pick up and load into the truck and it took about 15 minutes to load the truck each time.  It took three truck loads of rock and 4 hours to finish the project.  It really wasn't to difficult of a project, but the sun was really hot.  I wasn't about to complain of the heat, even though I was dripping sweat and had to keep drying off my glasses.

Hatching eggs from Louisiana
When we were all done it looked great and there wasn't a huge gap between the ground and the siding any more.  For their thanks, my folks offered to take us out to dinner.  We had a few hours to rest up before dinner so I took Tracy back to my house so she could get her car.  I stopped at my mail box when we got to my house house, and my hatching eggs had arrived.  They were mailed from Louisiana and I was interested to open them up and see how they did.  They were packed great, but one of the eggs had cracked. I figure if I get 3 out of 4, I will be happy.   Tracy and took the eggs out to the broody hen, removed the three eggs she was sitting on and replaced them with the 4 eggs, cracked one too and she didn't flinch.

Dinner was 6pm and we went to Crave.  The food was excellent, the patio seating was awesome and we all had a great time.

It was a great summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment