Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 356, Sunday yard work.

Trimming the low hanging branches
I really had nothing on the agenda, other than doing some yard work.  For some reason I slept horrible and kept waking up, with weird dreams, so I got off to a slow start.

I washed my truck, pulled weeds, hosed the chicken poop off the deck, bought a mouse trap for the chicken coop, gas for the lawn mower and I got more flowers to replace the ones at the front steps which were ripped out by the chickens.  The chicken poop and their constant digging is becoming a problem which needs to be controlled.  I think I am going to have to build them a bigger pen and confine them to that space.

My last project for the day was pruning the big tree at the front of the house.  The branches were starting to hang too low and if I have to duck, then its time to prune.  It only took a few minutes to lop off the low hanging branches and instantly I created a huge pile that needed to be hauled to the back pasture.

For the most part it had been a lazy day.  The sun was starting to set and I was starving.  I thought it would be fun to take the Packard out and go get a burger at Sonic.  There is nothing better than a lazy summer evening drive in a convertible.
Sunset on July 24, 2011

It was the end of the weekend and tomorrow is another week, the last week of July and we will be into August, where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment