Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 347, It's Friday

Today is the first day we are offering a shuttle bus downtown and I had to hand out passes at 9am, 10am, 11am and noon.  We had a little difficulty getting the bus started but once we did the schedule worked pretty good and the Rally people were very happy. 

The information table was extremely busy all day and we had great volunteers helping us out throughout the week and without them it would have been very difficult to have pulled it off.  The excitement at the Rally today was the fact that Vince Gill was flying in to sing tonight and everyone was extremely excited about having him here.

They always say time flies when you are having fun and before I know it was 5pm and I was done.  I didn't not have to be at the Rally for anything, so I was able to schedule going to the movies with my friends at 7pm.  I figured I had time to go home and mow the lawn, but as I got home the skies started to look like they might open up and pour rain.  I was exhausted so I thought I might just lay down for a moment before jumping on the mower.  The next thing I knew, I was awoken by the sound of thunder and rain pouring down outside.  My lawn was going to have to wait, but I immediately thought about the Vince Gill concert.

The rain only lasted about 40 minutes and the concert was only delayed an hour, but many of the Rally-goers got soaked and decided to skip the concert.

At 7pm I joined my friends, Wanda, Conan and Tracy at the theater to see 'Bad Bosses'.  The movie was very funny, but it did have some pretty strong sexual language and the older couple in front of us got up and left.

It was a fun way to start the weekend, even if I did have to work Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment