Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 152, New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve started off a bit brisk with the thermometer reading 17 degrees at 7am.  With the dusting of snow still hanging around and some pretty heavy frost, it really looked cold.

The first thing on my list to get done was check on the chickens.  I figured their water had frozen despite the fact it sits on a warming tray.  When I checked on them, sure enough the water was frozen and they were thirsty.  I also needed to give them some feed.  They have been eating a combination of Chicken scratch, cracked corn and oats.  I checked for eggs and there were already 2 in the box.

My Niece watching Prancer and brother just before Midnight,
Happy New Year!

I needed to go run to the store and pick up some groceries to stock up the refrigerator.  My brother and his family will be arriving early afternoon and staying the weekend.  I was out of egg nog, milk and few other essentials.   I also needed to stop off at Lowes again, and I couldn't help but check out the 80% off Christmas items.

My brother Greg, Jen, Natalie and Evan arrived about 4pm.  It was going to be like Christmas round 2 all over gain.  Tonight of course is New Year's Eve and my Nephew (5) and Niece (7) wanted to stay up until midnight.  With the help of some movies we figured we could do it.  I ordered take and bake pizza's for dinner, so we had the making for a fun night.  The highlight of them arriving at my house for my Niece and Nephew was seeing the horses and chickens.

Having finished watching Home Alone and most of Prancer, we stopped the movie just in time to see the ball drop in New York's Time Square.  This was my Niece's second New Year's that she stayed a wake to  midnight and this would be my Nephew's first.  Both my brother and I texted a few friends wishing them Happy New Year as the big moment arrived.

Another year has come to an end and another just begun,  Happy New Year every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment