Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 154, Sunday and the end of the Holidays


The funky rooster on the roof of the pen.

It has been a lot of fun having my brother and his family here for the weekend.  It's been a great weekend and a perfect way to finish the holidays.  Family is what the holidays are all about and having them here seems to make all the effort of decorating and shopping seem all worth while.

With today being Sunday, it means going to church and we were all going to go.  I wondered how my niece and nephew would handle the service, for hour, but I figured there is enough singing that they should be entertained.  The pastor is a fantastic guy and his enthusiasm is amazing.  His sermons always ring true to me.  It's a very traditional service which I like, but it might have been a bit to formal for everyone else.
 
After the service my brother and gang, made their final round saying good bye to the folks (grand parents) and my other brother.  I started to do laundry and picking up the house.  It seemed like a double bummer to have them leave and to have the holidays come to end.  Tomorrow it's back to work and I'll have to start taking down all the decorations.

One sick chicken

On the chicken front, I noticed that one of the hens hadn't left the coop all day.  She seemed to be a bit lethargic and by 5pm she could hardly move or hold her head up.  I figured the cold might have gotten to her, so I brought her in the house and used an eye dropper to give her water and antibiotics.  I put her in a cat carrier and figured time would tell.  By 10pm she was still sleeping but seemed more alert when I tried to give her more water.  I'll see what happens over night and hope she will be up and around by morning.  The rest of the chickens enjoyed the day out in the yard and laid 5 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment