Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 155, Monday

The first day back to work in the new year, was a busy one.  Answering emails, cleaning up the office and getting back into the swing of things, pretty much took up the entire day.  I was able to run home at lunch to check on my sick hen.

The poor hen was still sleeping and acting lethargic, but she was still alive. The eye dropper worked great to get the water and antibiotics in her, but she wasn't eating.  I discovered if I soaked bread in water I could open her beak and give her a small bites which she would swallow.  I was able to feed her an entire slice a bread, even though she was half asleep.  I figured that would give her enough energy to fight what ever she has.

Tonight I started the monumental task of taking down the tree and all the Christmas decorations.  I started on the tree at 8pm and by 8:30pm I had all the ornaments off and the tree tossed out on the deck.  It took me another 2 hours to put all the ornaments back into their boxes and put them all away.  At 11:30 I decided it was time for bed and the rest of the decorations would have to wait until tomorrow.

Another holiday season had officially come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment