Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 164, Good bye Roosters

I met the guy at my house at 10:30am and as it turned out, I knew his wife.   He was a very nice guy and I asked, "so you're a chef - are these guys dinner"?   He laughed and said no they are for friends flock.  He wanted to build up his birds and needed some roosters.   I still wondered, but figured either way they needed to go.   I took him to the pen, where I had left the roosters and with in a minutes I had caught the three roosters.  I couldn't help but think they were freaked out, and hoped they would be happy in their new home.  The little rooster, or Tiny Tim as he has been known all of his short life, look nervous and he hid in my arms as I walked him to his box.  He really was a fun little guy.

The Schwartz Hat from A Christmas Story.

Back at work I spent the entire day writing script for next weeks awards dinner and gathering information about award recipients.  This is also my workout day so I stayed at my desk through lunch knowing I would be leaving early.  It is always nice to leave work early even if I know that I'm going to be worked to edge of death.  Tomorrow I get to drive to Salem for a meeting and back.  As nice as it is to be doing something different, driving over a snowy mountain pass is not my idea of a good time and I would rather be at my desk writing.   At least the weather is warmer and the roads should be relatively good. 

When I got back home from my workout I stopped at the end of the driveway and got the mail.  I had a package, but couldn't remember what I had ordered.  I looked at the return address and it said A Christmas Story House Gift Shop.  Oh yeah, I had ordered the long stocking cap that Schwartz had worn.  It was hilarious and I am sure I will find many opportunities to wear it throughout winter.

I planned to hit the sack early, since I have to be up a little earlier to drive over the mountain.  It's about 130 miles to Salem and it takes about 2.5 hours to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment