Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 174, Church, chickens and a dirty truck

After going to the same church for over 2 years, I figured I should finally join it.  Today they have a "welcome" service where all the new member come before the congregation and we are welcomed as new members.  It's a little strange to stand a face a church full of people, but it was fun and gave me an understanding of the Pastor sees every Sunday.   It was a great service and now I can say I'm member.

Back at home I had a ton of chores to do,  I sorted through a huge pile of papers on the kitchen counter, unloaded the dishwasher, dusted the entire house and had the house ready to be vacuumed which I figure I would do after the sun went down.  I needed to get outside and take advantage of the day light as my list of chores for outside was even longer. 

I had let the chickens out when I got back from church and they were enjoying the sun and their freedom.  I needed to clean the coop, water and feed them and of course its best done when they are out and about.   I also, needed to take the Christmas lights off the potting shed, fix a leaky gutter and wash the truck.
 
Chickens and a dirty truck

I finished cleaning the coop and just started on the lights when my friend Doug stopped by to get some eggs.  His folks are going to be stopping by from Colorado for a few days and he thought they would appreciate fresh eggs for breakfast.   We ended up shooting the breeze for about an hour and enjoying the spring like weather.  Even the chickens came and hung around us and wanted to know what we were talking about.  I really think they just wanted to know if we had food.
After Doug left I got the lights down, gutter sealed and truck washed.  It was now starting to get dark, so I had timed the day out perfectly.  As the sun went down the chicken called it a day and went back to the coop.  They seemed to like the clean accommodations and I spent a little time giving them some attention, before going in to finish up my inside chores. 

It's amazing how dirty everything gets over the course of a week, especially when you have two big hairy farm cats.  My gray cat is losing his winter hair already and there are large clumps of it on the carpet, where my other cat has attacked him.  It drives me nuts, but that's what a vacuum is for and it needs to be done anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment