Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 167, Sunday and the end of another week

I woke up to rain and I couldn't help but like I was on the west side of the Cascades.  I had my normal Sunday activities planned and did my usual Sunday chores and got ready for Church.  Church service was nice but the hymns were a bit funky. 

The lutefisk is the small white blog on the left.

The chickens were out in the yard and seemed to be enjoying the rain.  I sorted through papers and stayed inside for the day. 

At 4:30pm I had to leave for the Sons of Norway Lodge in Bend for the Annual Lutefisk dinner.  Lutefisk is a white fish that is soaked in lye.  Luckily they don't soak the fish and bake it instead.  It is served just slightly baked and covered in melted butter and bacon bites.  If it wasn't for the bacon I'm not sure I could eat it.  The texture is just too jello like.  They also served red potatoes, carrots, hand made meet balls and a green pea mush.  It was actually really very good, but I wouldn't go back for seconds.

I stayed an helped clean up the lodge.  It is a rather large undertaking to put on the event and an even larger one to put everything away.  I left the lodge at 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment