Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 162, Workout and a massage

Work was busy with our monthly Board meeting and the day flew by.  At 3:45pm I snuck out to head the gym for a workout with my trainer.  I was feeling a little sluggish and I figured it was the side affects of all the junk food I had consumed while watching the game.   Having expressed my lethargic feeling to my trainer, she chose to start me out slow and work my way up to a full killer workout.  By the end of my hour I was drenched and ready to collapse.

The highlight of the day was yet to come.  For Christmas I received a gift certificate for an hour and  half massage and I was going to use it tonight.  Massages are supposed to be relaxing, but that's never what happens.  I always have so many knots in my neck, shoulders and back, that I usually spend half my time trying not to cry.  I do feel better the next day and I can always tell I will feel better tomorrow.

After my massage it was back home and I needed to check on the chickens.  They had unplugged their heat lamp and their water was starting freeze over.  I collected 5 eggs, plugged everything back in and topped off their food dish.  They all seemed to be doing well and they were all settled in for the night.

I was feeling like pretty tired myself and I was ready for bed even if it was only 8:30pm.   After a workout and painful massage, I should sleep like baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment