Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 181, Church and Sons of Norway Lodge


The cat and the chickens out enjoying the sun.

It was another beautiful morning, and after a great night sleep, minus a few nightmares about the Black Swan, I was ready to start my day.  First thing to do was let the chickens out, they would really enjoy their freedom and the sun.

At 10:45am I picked up Doug as usual for church and we made it just as the choir entered the room singing.  In other words we just about late, but on time.  The service was good and very emotional, as one of the members who had just retired from working at the church is in the hospital and very ill.  We sent out our prayers for recovery and hope that she will be health back with us soon.

After church I had talked Doug into helping work on a few projects at the Sons of Norway Lodge in Bend.  We loaded up a few of his tools and lots of tools from place as well as a few sheets of plywood, 2x4's and various other wood pieces, that I thought we might need.  We arrived in Bend about 1:40pm and immediately began sizing up what we needed to do.  We worked up in the attic, increasing usable floor space, so everything could be put away more efficiently.  In the kitchen we fixed a rack so coffee cups didn't have to stacked so high and would not slide out in a landslide of cups.  We also, made a serving board to go over the sink to increase counter space.  In the closet we hung a dry erase white board, made a toggle latch to secure a table to the wall and attached a protective board to keep the rolling cart of tables from scraping the wall, when put away.  In it we spent about 3 and half hours working on small projects.  It was actually a fun afternoon.

I got Doug back home by 6:30pm and thanked him for his help.  I never could have gotten done what we did in one day.  He's a good friend and a bit of wise-ass, so it made the time fun.

I got home and and spent about 20 minutes unloading the truck.  Then I went to check on the chickens and they were all in their pen.  I gave them fresh water and put out more cracked corn, which they love.  They had laid 5 eggs today.

It was a beautiful weekend and tomorrow starts a new week.  I was just thinking that I have had the Traveleze for almost 6 full months and that means that I have been writing this blog for nearly 1/2 a year.  With the trailer on hold until the company I have selected can get to it, my updates are on hold too.  I am guessing it will be around March be for they can get to it, which will still be plenty of time to get it ready for camping season.   Until then it is safe undercover waiting for it's day to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment